Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
Electronic waste should never be thrown in the trash! Personal items can be brought to an e-waste drive to be recycled. Throughout the academic year, several e-waste drives are held to collect these items. Sustain Mizzou, a student organization, holds drives during the fall and spring semesters.
The department of Environmental Health and Safety and the City of Columbia occasionally hold e-waste drives as well. If you would rather discard of items without waiting for a drive, you can drop them off at Mid-MO Recycling. Items that were bought with University funds should be sent to MU Surplus Properties.
Acceptable items at an e-waste drive:
- Anything with a cord
- Anything with batteries
- Extra cords
- Rechargeable batteries (cell phone and laptop batteries)
- NO alkaline batteries (these can be thrown away)
Fall 2018 E-Waste Drive Schedule
Sustain Mizzou will hold their annual E-Waste Drive at the MU Student Center during the following dates/times:
• Tuesday, Nov. 6, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 7 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.