Throughout campus you will find recycling receptacles labeled for paper only. Please recycle the following types of paper in those designated bins:
- Office/copy paper
- Envelopes (including window envelopes)
- Post-It Notes
- Shredded paper
- Paperboard (i.e. cereal boxes)
- Soft-bound books
Soft-bound and hard-bound books can also be donated to local thrift stores or book shops. Some textbook stores buy back used textbooks as another option to explore.
Items that are commonly thrown into paper recycling bins that should actually be thrown in the trash include:
- Copy paper wrappers (Trash)
- Waxy paper or carbon paper (Trash)
- Paper cups, plates, food trays or napkins (Trash)
- Non-reusable coffee cups that are lined with a oily paper on the inside (Trash)
- Wet and/or oily paper (Trash)
Note: Please make sure you are placing the right types of paper in our recycling bins. If napkins or waxy paper for example are thrown into the recycling bin rather than the trash, the entire bin has been contaminated. The bin will no longer be recyclable.