MU Sustainability Ambassadors provide peer-education and outreach activities for MU students to understand how they can be more sustainable in their community. Ambassadors also offer presentations for organizations and clubs to learn more about the Sustainability Office’s programs and efforts that students campus-wide can take part in throughout their daily lives.
If your club or organization is interested in learning more about the following MU Sustainability efforts, request a Sustainability Office Ambassador presentation.
Note: All presentations will be postponed until the Fall 2020 semester due to precautions taken to manage the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Tiger Tailgate Recycling and recycling on Campus
- How is sustainability relevant to my major/club/department?
- An overview of social, economic and environmental sustainability
- Sustainable development goals in Columbia
- Water conservation and how we can do our part
- The basics of composting
- Dormitory sustainability
- Food security and the importance of farmers markets
- The intersection between sustainability and public health
- Make Recycled Notebooks – Group activity for groups with 1 – 20 members
- Green Campus Tour – 60-minute walking tour for groups with 1 – 20 members