Thank you for your interest in volunteering—we couldn't do it without you!
We need approximately 800 volunteer hours to make the sale successful each year. Please help by volunteering – even one or two hours will do. Your time will help local participating non-profit agencies. Here are a few volunteer positions that you might be able to fill.
Pick up items from residential halls
The week before the sale, donations from 19 dorms must be retrieved and brought to the Surplus Warehouse. You will help transfer items from dorms to trucks to the warehouse, and will begin to categorize items in the sale area.
Sorting items at Surplus Properties
- All items brought to the warehouse must be sorted into categories like clothes, toiletries, bedding, etc. In this position, you will help sort the items into these categories and organize them within. You'll be surprised at what you can find!
Day of sale positions
- Early bird ticket sales: Ensure that all visitors who want to enter the sale between 6am and 7am buy an early bird ticket.
- Floor staff: Monitor the sales floor to ensure that nothing "walks away" during the sale. Answer questions from customers.
- Fridge and microwave team: Assist customers in understanding the fridge and microwave buying process. Customers must have valid tear off number for purchase confirmation.
- Cart & Carry out: Assist customers with heavy and large items. Help load items into cars.
- Post sale clean up: Collect all leftover items for donations to charities. Break down tables and leave the space as we found it!
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the form at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f044da4ad2ca6fe3-tiger.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (573) 884-9319.